Thursday, May 21, 2015

The Mind-Blowing Art of Hikaru Cho!

By  




Hikaru Cho
                                                             Hikaru Cho

You might have come across Hikaru Cho’s works a couple times. She’s responsible for some of the most baffling and uncanniest skin art circulating around the web. If the name doesn’t ring a bell, maybe a sample of her work will.

09092014_4 
 1350944443_image00002 
Chooo-San_6600_799 
les-illusions-d-optique-incroyables-du-body-painting-464164

Hikaru Cho is a young 3D artist who does stunning optical illusions. She currently resides in Japan. Hikaru’s medium of choice is usually acrylic. Apart from body painting she also ventures into stop-motion movie, illustration, clay sculpture, clothing design, character design, among others.

17072213156_738843386c_o 
But set her apart from other artists who do body paint. Forget vibrant colours and birds and fishes, Hikaru Cho doesn’t do do that. How about five more eyes on the face or a human cyborg? Now, that’s more like it.
Hikaru-Cho6.15590974 
tricky-art-7

As for her painting career’s origin this is how she responded,

        ”It all began when I wanted to paint something at home and I looked around for something to paint on, I couldn’t be bothered to look hard so I used my hand and painted an eye on it that turned out to be quite freaky. So I took a picture and when i showed that to people they were very shocked.”

CHOOO-SAN-body-painting-art-14


She further explains,
“I don’t really have a reason why I started doing those pictures. But I guess I was a little sick of everyone making pictures with their computers and wanted to see how far I can go without those technologies such as Photoshop.”
Open-your-heart

Born to Chinese parents, the young Hikaru Cho continues to make waves in Japan. She has not ceased impressing the public since she started Musashino Art University in 2012.

les-illusions-d-optique-incroyables-du-body-painting-390853

She has recently collaborated with Amnesty International to produce ‘My Body My Rights’, centered on people’s body rights.

photo by Jim Marks

For her final piece for Samsung, Hikaru used her own face as canvass. This one is to portray the convenient swiping motion used in modern mobile phones.

Watch this video if you can’t get enough of Hikaru’s stunning art either. Go on, I’ve replayed it a dozen times myself.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bF8Q8JqYn9I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Source: http://blog.tattoodo.com/2015/05/mind-blowing-art-hikaru-cho/

No comments:

Post a Comment